Life Skill: The Book Of Confidence

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
Norman Vincent Peale

"People who ask confidently get more than those who are hesitant and uncertain. When you've figured out what you want to ask for, do it with certainty, boldness and confidence."
Jack Canfield

"When you allow yourself to begin to dream big dreams, creatively abandon the activities that are taking up too much of your time, and focus your inward energies on alleviating your main constraints, you start to feel an incredible sense of power and confidence."
Brian Tracy

"Confidence can get you where you want to go, and getting there is a daily process. It’s so much easier when you feel good about yourself, your abilities and talents."
Donald Trump

"Giving people self-confidence is by far the most important thing that I can do. Because then they will act."
Jack Welch

"There was never any fear for me, no fear of failure. If I miss a shot, so what?"
Michael Jordan

"It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always."
Oprah Winfrey

"Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve."
J. K. Rowling

"Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person."
Albert Einstein

"You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety."
Abraham Maslow

"Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish."
Sam Walton

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
Helen Keller

"Whatever you fear most has no power.. it is your fear that has the power."
Oprah Winfrey

"How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I'm committed to?"
Anthony Robbins

"We are not animals. We are not a product of what has happened to us in our past. We have the power of choice."
Stephen Covey

"Through persistence, self-knowledge, prayer, commitment, optimism, a resolute trust in God and the building of your own personal moral strength, you can enjoy the blessings of a deeper faith and face the difficulties of life with courage and confidence."
Norman Vincent Peale

"Even if you haven’t encountered great success yet, there is no reason you can’t bluff a little and act like you have. Confidence is a magnet in the best sense of the word. It will draw people to you and make your daily life.. and theirs.. a lot more pleasant."
Donald Trump

"I knew there was a way out. I knew there was another kind of life because I had read about it. I knew there were other places, and there was another way of being."
Oprah Winfrey

"If you wait until all the lights are 'green' before you leave home, you'll never get started on your trip to the top.
Zig Ziglar

"The starting point of great success and achievement has always been the same. It is for you to dream big dreams. There is nothing more important, and nothing that works faster than for you to cast off your own limitations than for you to begin dreaming and fantasizing about the wonderful things that you can become, have, and do."
Brian Tracy

"You are the only person on earth who can use your ability."
Zig Ziglar

"We create stress for ourselves because you feel like you have to do it. You have to. I don't feel that anymore."
Oprah Winfrey

"A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That's where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It's having backbone."
Robert Kiyosaki

"Here at work we're all just trying to get a job done. My people have the confidence of their convictions and they know their skills."
Bill Gates

"The old saying that 'success breeds success' has something to it. It's that feeling of confidence that can banish negativity and procrastination and get you going the right way."
Donald Trump

"Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all."
Norman Vincent Peale

"Remember, a real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided."
Anthony Robbins

"Competition is always a fantastic thing, and the computer industry is intensely competitive. Whether it's Google or Apple or free software, we've got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes."
Bill Gates

"We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals."
Stephen Covey

"Every day, you'll have opportunities to take chances and to work outside your safety net. Sure, it's a lot easier to stay in your comfort zone.. in my case, business suits and real estate.. but sometimes you have to take risks. When the risks pay off, that's when you reap the biggest rewards."
Donald Trump

"Somehow I can't believe that there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C s. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constant.”
Walt Disney

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently."
Henry Ford

"Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work."
Jack Nicklaus

"A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power."
Brian Tracy

"Some of the best business and nonprofit CEOs I've worked with over a sixty-five-year consulting career were not stereotypical leaders. They were all over the map in terms of their personalities, attitudes, values, strengths, and weaknesses."
Peter Drucker

"I am not looking like Armani today and somebody else tomorrow. I look like Ralph Lauren. And my goal is to constantly move in fashion and move in style without giving up what I am."
Ralph Lauren

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"People ask how can a Jewish kid from the Bronx do preppy clothes? Does it have to do with class and money? It has to do with dreams."
Ralph Lauren

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right."
Henry Ford

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm not old enough to play baseball or football. I'm not eight yet. My mom told me when you start baseball, you aren't going to be able to run that fast because you had an operation. I told Mom I wouldn't need to run that fast. When I play baseball, I'll just hit them out of the park. Then I'll be able to walk."
Edward J. McGrath, Jr.

"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."
Sir Edmund Hillary

"Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway."
Mary Kay Ash

"What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate."
Henry David Thoreau

"Even if you’re extremely skilled and talented, a lack of self-confidence can prevent you from performing at your best in pressure situations."
Steve Pavlina

"The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."
Colin Powell

"The history of the world is full of men who rose to leadership, by sheer force of self-confidence, bravery and tenacity."
Mahatma Gandhi

"What is it that you like doing? If you don’t like it, get out of it, because you’ll be lousy at it. You don’t have to stay with a job for the rest of your life, because if you don’t like it you’ll never be successful in it."
Lee Iacocca

"It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized."
Wayne Dyer

"If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability."
Henry Ford

"I consider my ability to arouse enthusiasm among men the greatest asset I possess. The way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement."
Charles Schwab

"High expectations are the key to everything."
Sam Walton

"I've learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success."
Jack Welch

"The older I get, the more centered I become and the more I think I really know about myself. What I know is that what other people do doesn't really have any effect on me."
Oprah Winfrey

"The worst things in history have happened when people stop thinking for themselves, especially when they allow themselves to be influenced by negative people. That’s what gives rise to dictators. Avoid that at all costs. Stop it first on a personal level, and you will have contributed to world sanity as well as your own."
Donald Trump

"Ever notice how your senses are heightened when you are in challenging situations? You're experiencing an adrenaline rush that gives you extra energy. If you see every day as a challenge, you’d be surprised how efficient you can become, and how much can be accomplished."
Donald Trump

"A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done."
Ralph Lauren

"I mean, there's no arguing. There is no anything. There is no beating around the bush. 'You're fired' is a very strong term."
Donald Trump

"I have always loved the competitive forces in this business. You know I certainly have meetings where I spur people on by saying, 'Hey, we can do better than this. How come we are not out ahead on that?' Thats what keeps my job one of the most interesting in the world."
Bill Gates

"Only those who are asleep make no mistakes."
Ingvar Kamprad

"A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships."
Helen Keller

"If I regarded my life from the point of view of the pessimist, I should be undone. I should seek in vain for the light that does not visit my eyes and the music that does not ring in my ears. I should beg night and day and never be satisfied. I should sit apart in awful solitude, a prey to fear and despair. But since I consider it a duty to myself and to others to be happy, I escape a misery worse than any physical deprivation."
Helen Keller

"If you're a car salesman, and someone says 'This is a terrible car, I'm not buying it,' it doesn't mean they hate you. They just don't like your product. I think that's a mistake a lot of people in show business make.. they're so tied to their act they take everything personally."
Jay Leno

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible."
Vince Lombardi

"It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner."
Vince Lombardi

"It's easy to have principles when you're rich. The important thing is to have principles when you're poor."
Ray Kroc

"Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant."
Anthony Robbins

"You don't have to be the biggest to beat the biggest."
Ross Perot

"An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while the pessimist sees only the red stoplight. The truly wise person is colorblind."
Albert Schweitzer

"Each of us has much more hidden inside us than we have had a chance to explore. Unless we create an environment that enables us to discover the limits of our potential, we will never know what we have inside of us."
Muhammad Yunus

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!"
Winston Churchill

"If I set for myself a task, be it so trifling, I shall see it through. How else shall I have confidence in myself to do important things?"
George Clason

"Of all the things that can have an effect on your future, I believe personal growth is the greatest. We can talk about sales growth, profit growth, asset growth, but all of this probably will not happen without personal growth."
Jim Rohn

"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained to liberation from the self."
Albert Einstein

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nelson Mandela

"I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me. And I have done that ever since, and I win by it. I know."
Colonel Sanders

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril."
Sun Tzu

"The most important thing is God's blessing and if you believe in God and you believe in yourself, you have nothing to worry about."
Mohamed Al-Fayed

"A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life."
Suze Orman

"The turning point, I think, was when I really realized that you can do it yourself. That you have to believe in you because sometimes that's the only person that does believe in your success but you."
Tim Blixseth

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit."
Conrad Hilton

"One of the things that may get in the way of people being lifelong learners is that they’re not in touch with their passion. If you’re passionate about what it is you do, then you’re going to be looking for everything you can to get better at it."
Jack Canfield

"I’m pretty passionate about things I do, and particularly at this age, because I don’t have to do the things I don’t want to, and I’ve got more things that I do want to do than I can do."
Dr Phil

"There is a certain degree of satisfaction in having the courage to admit one's errors. It not only clears up the air of guilt and defensiveness, but often helps solve the problem created by the error."
Dale Carnegie

"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions.."
Paulo Coelho

"In life and business, there are two cardinal sins.. The first is to act precipitously without thought and the second is to not act at all."
Carl Icahn

"I have to say I've made many mistakes, and been humbled many, many times. But you know what? It's never too late to learn."
Kathy Ireland

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."
Oscar Wilde

"You have to pretend you're 100 percent sure. You have to take action; you can't hesitate or hedge your bets. Anything less will condemn your efforts to failure."
Andrew Grove

"Failure is a word I don't accept."
John H. Johnson

"I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot.. when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result."
Michael Jordan

"With engineering, I view this year's failure as next year's opportunity to try it again. Failures are not something to be avoided. You want to have them happen as quickly as you can so you can make progress rapidly."
Gordon Moore

"Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe."
Sumner Redstone

"Don't let anyone say you can't do it."
John Ilhan

"If you don't have enemies, you don't have character."
Paul Newman

"My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."
Oprah Winfrey

"Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve."
Mary Kay Ash

"If you want more, you have to require more from yourself."
Dr Phil

"One of the marks of excellent people is that they never compare themselves with others. They only compare themselves with themselves and with their past accomplishments and future potential."
Brian Tracy

Ikhwan Sopa
Trainer E.D.A.N.
+62 21 70096855
Power Communication & Self Confidence Workshop
http://milis-bicara.blogspot.com